QR-bill to replace payment slips
The QR-bill will be introduced throughout Switzerland on 30 June 2020. The QR-bill simplifies the issuing and payment of invoices and replaces the orange and red payment slips after a transition period of two years. Find out here what the transition means for billers and bill recipients. The transition affects everyone who issues or pays invoices.
Benefits at a glance
- Less manual effort
- Simplified invoicing
- Better overview of accounts receivable
- Fast and convenient payment thanks to scanning
- Fewer errors thanks to lack of manual entry
- All payment information is already integrated into the QR code
What will change?
The identifying feature of the QR-bill is the Swiss QR Code. The bill recipient simply scans the Swiss QR Code in the payment part with a smartphone, computer camera, or hand scanner and can then approve the payment directly without any additional input.
All required information in the payment part of the QR-bill is also readable with the naked eye. This means that all paper-based payment procedures are still possible.
The three versions of the QR payment part
Three basic versions are available. Two of these versions take account of the established practice of the existing red and orange payment slips (IS and ISR).
The third option primarily supports the increasingly important payment transactions in Euros using the Structured Creditor Reference (SCOR), an international standard according to ISO 11649, which can be used in both Switzerland and the SEPA zone.
What should be taken into account when transitioning to QR-bills?
Own printing of invoices
- If you already have software for creating payment slips and would like to use that software for QR-bills, please contact your software provider.
- If you use a proprietary system, please make sure early on that your system is able to create QR-bills efficiently. (The existing payment slips can be used only until mid-2022.)
- Do you reconcile ISR incoming payments against open receivables with v11 messages? Then you have to switch to camt messages before sending your first QR-bill.
- Notification options are available tailored to our clients' needs. Details of incoming and outgoing payments contained in the payment part of the QR-bills (QRR) can be reported using camt messages (camt.053/054).
Use of pre-printed payment slips
Until further notice, pre-printed payment slips can be ordered as usual in LLB Online Banking.
As bill recipients
Without accounts payable software
If you do not use software for accounts payable management and pay your invoices via LLB Online Banking, you do not need to do anything. LLB Online Banking will support payment entry for QR-bills as soon as they are introduced.
With accounts payable software
If you are using a software solution for accounts payable management, check with your software provider now whether QR-bills can be paid with your current finance solution.
If you use a proprietary system, please ensure early on that your system can process QR-bills.
Please also note that the QR-bill only supports IBAN and QR-IBAN as account numbers, which may require your payment data to be updated.
Your payment transactions: digital and efficient – together with the LLB
LLB Online and Mobile Banking
Come see us
Visit one of our branches. We look forward to giving you tailored advice.
Get in touch with us
Call us. We're happy to assist you by phone as well.
Contact us and schedule an appointment.