QR-bill to replace payment slips
The QR-bill was introduced throughout Switzerland on 30 June 2020. The QR-bill simplifies the issuing and payment of invoices and replaces the orange and red payment slips after a transition period of two years. Find out here what the transition means for billers and bill recipients.
Benefits at a glance
- Less manual effort
- Simplified invoicing
- Better overview of accounts receivable
- Fast and convenient payment thanks to scanning
- Fewer errors thanks to lack of manual entry
- All payment information is already integrated into the QR code
The identifying feature of the QR-bill is the Swiss QR Code. Since 1 July you are able to scan QR-bills via LLB Mobile Banking, enter them manually in LLB Online Banking, or scan, enter, and pay them using a QR document reader (PayEye). Additionally, you will soon be able to pay bills by dragging QR-bills in PDF format directly into LLB Online Banking or by sending them to LLB Mobile Banking.
All required information in the payment part of the QR-bill is also readable with the naked eye. This means that all paper-based payment procedures are still possible.
The three versions of the QR payment part
Three basic versions are available. Two of these versions take account of the established practice of the existing red and orange payment slips (IS and ISR).
The third option primarily supports the increasingly important payment transactions in Euros using the Structured Creditor Reference (SCOR), an international standard according to ISO 11649, which can be used in both Switzerland and the SEPA zone.
What should be taken into account when transitioning to QR-bills?
Use of software to create invoices
- If you already have software for creating payment slips and would like to use that software for QR-bills, please contact your software provider.
- If you use a proprietary system, please make sure that your system is able to create QR-bills efficiently. (The existing payment slips can be used only until mid-2022.)
- Do you reconcile ISR incoming payments against open receivables with v11 messages? Then you have to switch to camt messages before sending your first QR-bill.
- Notification options are available tailored to our clients' needs. Details of incoming and outgoing payments contained in the payment part of the QR-bills (QRR) can be reported using camt messages (camt.053/054).
Use of LLB Online Banking to create invoices
- Since 1 July 2020, you will be able to prepare the "IBAN without reference" variant of the QR payment part (formerly red payment slip) in LLB Online Banking with just a few clicks under "Online Services". You can then print out the payment part or send it directly by e-mail in PDF format.
- In order to have the best experience with LLB Online Banking we recommend to use the latest version of your browser (Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Microsoft Edge).
Use of pre-printed payment slips
Until further notice, pre-printed payment slips can be ordered as usual in LLB Online Banking.
As bill recipients
Without accounts payable software
If you do not use software for accounts payable management and pay your invoices via LLB Online Banking, you do not need to do anything. LLB Online Banking supports payment entry for QR-bills already.
With accounts payable software
If you are using a software solution for accounts payable management, check with your software provider now whether QR-bills can be paid with your current finance solution.
If you use a proprietary system, please ensure that your system can process QR-bills.
Please also note that the QR-bill only supports IBAN and QR-IBAN as account numbers, which may require your payment data to be updated.
Your payment transactions: digital and efficient – together with the LLB
LLB Online and Mobile Banking
Send us payments, foreign exchange transactions, and market orders directly from your company software – quickly, securely, and efficiently.
With eBill, paper bills are a thing of the past. Whether telephone, electricity, insurance or credit card bills: Thanks to eBill, customers and companies benefit from paperless billing and payment.
Come see us
Visit one of our branches. We look forward to giving you tailored advice.
Get in touch with us
Call us. We're happy to assist you by phone as well.
Contact us and schedule an appointment.