EBICS – standardised client-bank communication
EBICS – the Electronic Banking Internet Communication Standard – has established itself as a multibank client-bank communication standard in several SEPA countries. It enables payment transaction data to be transmitted encrypted and secure over the internet.
Alongside Online Banking, the LLB now also offers a professional solution for electronic data exchange that can be connected directly to your financial software – EBICS.
As a business client, this means you can comfortably manage your accounts from a single application – whether the accounts are with us or with other banks in Liechtenstein or abroad.
The benefits of the EBICS interface
- Large data volumes are transmitted quickly and directly
- You control your payment transactions across all banks
- Uniform, internet-based communication across different countries and banks
- The latest encryption methods ensure a high level of security
- You can grant different privileges to different users
Convenient solution for business clients
The EBICS interface is an attractive and convenient solution for our business clients with large payment transaction volumes – for payments both within Liechtenstein and abroad. Already several providers of financial and ERP software offer EBICS compatibility in their applications, and others will follow.
Scope of services
The following functions are currently available for placing payment orders using EBICS:
- pain.001 – Submission of payment orders in ISO20022 format (only according to Swiss standard)
- pain.002 – ISO20022 status reports (processing log)
Would you like to learn more or take advantage of the EBICS interface?
Your business client advisor will be happy to advise you. To use EBICS, the following requirements must be met:
- Client relationship with the Liechtensteinische Landesbank AG
- Legally signed EBICS agreement
- Acceptance of terms and conditions for EBICS
- EBICS activation
- Internet connection
- Internet security software
- EBICS-compatible ERP or financial software
A list of all ERP and financial software manufacturers offering an EBICS interface can be found on the website of Payment Standards.
As soon as all the legal and technical requirements are verified and met, you can activate EBICS on your system with just a few steps.
Step 1: Exchange of user keys
- We will send you a bank parameter data sheet with your personal EBICS access data.
- Enter the information required for data exchange in your ERP or financial software and begin electronically sending your user keys to the Liechtensteinische Landesbank AG.
Step 2: Printout and dispatch of initialisation letters
- After the successful exchange of the user keys, the initialisation letters are prepared. Please print these out, affix your legally valid signature, and send them back to us.
- We verify the legal validity of the signatures and then activate your EBICS access. You will receive a notice by post informing you that the activation was successful.
Step 3: Completion of the initialisation
- As a last step, the public bank key is checked. Simply compare the displayed hash value with the hash values on your bank parameter data sheet. If the hash values are the same, confirm this in your ERP or financial software. The switch to EBICS is now complete.