- Sign your new debit card as the cardholder as soon as you receive it.
- Change the PIN code you receive at an ATM in Liechtenstein or Switzerland:
- When doing so, avoid using number combinations that are easy to guess – like date of birth or vehicle number.
- Never write it down.
- Never give your PIN to anyone, not even to a bank employee or police officer.
- Don't let yourself get distracted
- Don't let yourself get distracted when withdrawing money or paying for a purchase.
- Make sure nobody is watching you when you enter your PIN code. If necessary, ask the person standing too close or the cashier to keep a safe distance, or stop making the withdrawal or payment.
- If your card is blocked at the payment device or ATM, do not accept help from strangers.
- Check terminals for abnormalities (such as moving parts). If you suspect that the terminal may have been tampered with, proceed as follows:
- Do not withdraw cash or make a payment
- Do not remove any part from the terminal (such as cameras or devices for recording card data)
- Move away from the terminal
- Notify the police immediately (emergency number 117)
- Regularly check your account statements
Regularly check your account statements or look up the postings in Online/Mobile Banking. Report any discrepancies to us immediately and have the card blocked.
- Push notifications
Activate push notifications in Online/Mobile Banking. You will then automatically receive a notification every time your card is debited.
- Block immediately
Have your Visa debit card blocked immediately if it is stolen or retained by an ATM.
- Block specific regions
If you activated specific regions for a trip, reset geo-blocking afterwards on your card in LLB Online / Mobile Banking to regions that you need. Our Advisory Centre will also be happy to help you on +423 236 88 11.
- Tips for secure online purchases
- Register your card for 3DS two-factor authentication and make sure that you don't lose the registered mobile phone.
- Keep your card data secret and never share the data with anyone.
- Make purchases and deposit your card data only at trustworthy online shops.
- Do not use your card data on unsecure WLAN networks.
- Make payments only on secure websites (recognisable by the lock symbol and "https" at the beginning of a web address)
We're always happy to help.
Have you lost your card? +423 236 88 55
Questions about online shopping? +423 236 81 42